In the view of the 2014 European elections, two complementary analyses were dedicated to the electoral behaviour in the 2009 European elections.
Firstly, a desk research on the electoral behaviour in 2009. It aims at better understanding the results of the post-electoral survey of the European Parliament, of June 2009 (face-to-face with 26 830 European citizens), in which four profiles of voters and abstainers were identified.
Secondly, a qualitative study based on focus groups (3 focus groups per Member States, of a dozen participants each) that were conducted across the 27 Member States in March 2012. These were more particularly dedicated to the reasons of two categories of abstainers in 2009: the "impulsive" and "unspecified" ones.
Consequently, we draw the reader's attention on the fact that these two analyses are based on two different methodological approaches and that they are separated by a three-year time.
- 1. Analytical Summary: Abstention and voting behaviour in the 2009 European elections PDF
- 2. Country fiches: European Elections 2009: the profile abstainees - EU 27 ZIP
- 3. Country fiches: European Elections 2009: the profile abstainees - Ireland PDF
- 4. Country fiches: European Elections 2009: the profile abstainees - UK PDF
- 5. Country fiches: Voting profile - EU 27 ZIP
- 6. Country fiches: Voting profile - Ireland PDF
- 7. Country fiches: Voting profile - UK PDF
- 8. Desk-research: Post-election survey EB 71.3. European Elections 2009 PDF
- 9. Eurobarometer qualitative studies. ‘impulsive’ and ‘unspecified’ abstainers: voting barriers and incentives PDF
- Publicēšanas datums
- Jaunāko izmaiņu datums
- Laikposms — no
- Laikposms — līdz
- Ģeogrāfiskais pārklājums
- Rumānija, Slovākija, Slovānija, Zviedrija, Malta, Nīderlande, Polija, Portugāle, Beļģija, Austrija, Kipra, Bulgārija, Vācija, Čehija, Spānija, Dānija, Somija, Igaunija, Apvienotā Karaliste, Francija, Horvātija, Grieķija, Īrija, Ungārija, Lietuva, Itāija, Latvija, Luksemburga
- angļu valoda