This course focusses on the impact that is created by open data, such as political, environmental, social, or economic impact. The training material outlines the importance of measuring open data impact, but also highlights its complexity.
- Understand the importance of defining and measuring open data impact
- Get a basic understanding of how to assess the impact of public data resources re-use
- Learn about existing approaches to measuring economic, social, and environmental impact, including their commonalities and differences
- Understand the value of a joint European approach and how to collaboratively shape it
Data.europe.eu (formerly European Data Portal) hosted the webinar "Opportunities for Value Creation in Europe: The Economic Impact of Open Data" to discuss the findings of the Economic Impact of Open Data 2020 report.
In the webinar, the primary authors of the study - Esther Huyer and Laura van Knippenberg - highlighted the key findings of the report. In particular, they focused on the:
- Efficiency gains of open data
- Economic component and social benefits of open data
- Expected growth of the open data market size and employment
- 7 key learnings of the study
For further questions, check out the questions section (Q&A) of the webinar.