- Discover the Estonian education statistics portal
Haridussilm, the Estonian portal for education statistics portal, provides data of primary, general, secondary, vocational, and higher education for citizens of Estonia. This allows users to monitor various indicators such as success of lifelong learning, or labour market statistics.
The website serves as a useful tool for education representatives and policy makers to keep track of their education strategy goals and… more
- An innovation project that aims to create an “Open Innovation Test Bed”
A part of the EU’s Horizon2020 Framework Programme an innovation project that aims to create an “Open Innovation Test Bed” for nano-pharmaceuticals – “Phoenix” – was launched on 1 March 2021. This cross-European project is coordinated by the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) and… more
- A service that increases the efficiency and transparency of government spending in Moldova
MTenderis a Moldovan website created by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Moldova. The website:
- Provides electronic public procurement records to raise the efficiency of spending and to increase transparency of the state’s budget;
- Shortens the time between procurement planning and payment, time for tenders, and waiting time for suppliers and contractors; and … more
- The closing event of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF)
Save the date and join the DigitALL Public conference taking place from 20 to 22 April 2021.
The DigitALL Public conference is the closing event of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Digital and the Interoperability solutions for public administrations, businesses and citizens (ISA²… more
- Save the date and join our Data Talks webinar with Julia Reinhardt
Tomorrow, on Wednesday 31 March 2021 at 16:00 CET, the Support Centre for Data Sharing (SCDS) and European Data Portal (EDP) team will be joined by Julia Reinhardt, an expert in technology governance and public policy consultation, to discuss EU regulatory activity from a non-EU perspective.
Julia advises companies… more
- PGHD can help us understand how to better treat diseases
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person visits have been limited, which has complicated the communication between patients and healthcare providers. To overcome these challenges, medical staff use various channels to stay in touch with the patients, report patient outcomes, and share information at the same time. The use of technology in combination with a shift towards patient-centricity in healthcare has resulted in an opportunity to… more
- The Advanced Technology for Industry (ATI) project presents innovative developments
Over the last year, nearly all sectors have shifted to virtual ways of working. For those sectors whose activity is deeply rooted in the physical world, such as in the construction and built environment sector, this sparked the need to monitor even better what is happening on working sites and prevent efficiency loss whilst still delivering successful projects. New technologies are emerging that make this possible.
For instance, cameras with 360° angles can be installed in building… more
- EDP researchers forecast significant potential for open data market growth in Estonia
On the basis of the Economic Impact of Open Data study published last year, the authors and EDP researchers Esther Huyer and Laura van Knippenberg forecast that the potential open data market size for Estonia could reach a total of €445 million by 2025. This is an optimistic scenario based on the rapid progress Estonia has demonstrated in supplying and re-using open data, further confirmed by how the… more
- Innovation and co-creation re-shape the view on tourism
The tourism sector has been hugely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a means to support the industry and create new initiatives, stakeholders have been actively looking into open data, automation and innovative technologies such as virtual reality, the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing.
- The annual event in the EUH4D framework that creates awareness around European Big Data
On Tuesday 30 March, the European federation of Data Driven Innovation Hubs host the EUH4D Data Forum. This annual event brings together experts in the field of European Big Data, and offers a platform for raising awareness around data, sharing best practices, and receiving input on strategy and policy from the European Commission.
1155 results foundRSS