- New study on the economic impact of open data published by the European Data Portal
The European Data Portal publishes its study "The Economic Impact of Open Data: Opportunities for value creation in Europe". It researches the value created by open data in Europe. It is the second study by the European Data Portal, following the 2015 report. The open data market size is estimated at €184 billion and forecast to reach between €199.51 and €334.21 billion in 2025. The report additionally… more
- A sneak peek into the European Data Portal's latest study into high-value datasets
On Thursday 30 January 2020, the European Data Portal (EDP) published their latest study titled: High-value datasets: understanding the perspective of data providers . This article is a sneak peek into the study.
High-value datasets: understanding the perspective of data providers
Making data available as open… more
- Building on the Digital Single Market efforts: open data in Europe today
Open data in Europe
Most national governments in Europe have developed an open data agenda and have established open data portals supported by solid open data policies and strategies. In 2019, an overall maturity of 74% was achieved by the EU28 in terms of policy maturity (visible on the ODM dashboard), indicating that Member States have developed a strong foundation in terms of their open data policy framework. The increased amount… more
- Discover what to expect from the European Data Portal in the new year!
The European Data Portal (EDP) team wishes you all a Happy New Year! We are looking forward to continuing collaborating and discussing open data related topics and trends with you in the new year. In 2020, the EDP will continue to share events, highlights and news on our website, organise webinars and publish research findings around open data.
EDP Highlights in early 2020 are:
- Publication of our research results around… more
- Discover the open data evolution in Europe in the European Data Portal's fifth annual report
On 2 December 2019, the European Data Portal published its Open Data Maturity Report 2019. The report is the fifth annual study and serves as a benchmark to gain insights into the development achieved in the field of open data in Europe. It assesses the level of maturity against four dimensions: policy, portal, impact, and quality. The study clusters countries… more
- The European Data Portal published a report about open data in and from rural regions
Can "Rural" learn from "Urban"?
Cities and urban areas have become avid users and sources of data, largely under the catch-all and loosely defined term smart cities. Open data is considered a "defining element" of smart cities because data is vital for cities and citizens. Due to its significance, projects such as the Urban Data Platform utilise open data with the aim of speeding up the… more
- The European Data Portal is celebrating 4 years of increasing the impact of open data across Europe
Join us in celebrating four years of open data on the European Data Portal (EDP)! Thank you to the open data enthusiasts, publishers, re-users, and to all our readers and subscribers for following our news, events, articles, and reports. We invite you to continue sharing your valuable experiences, insights, and opinions with us.
Four years ago, the EDP beta version was launched and started with 240,000 datasets and the accompanying… more
- Discover what was discussed at the EU DataViz 2019 event on 12 November in Luxembourg
The EU DataViz 2019, organised by the Publications Office of the European Union, took place at the European Convention Center in Luxembourg on 12 November. The event brought together more than 500 international experts, professionals, and solution-seekers from around the world and addressed the specific needs of the public sector data visualisation… more
- Exploring the value of data in AI, research and innovation for society and businesses in Europe
- The European Data Portal presented their new report on rural open data in Brussels
European Week of Regions and Cities
The European Week of Regions and Cities (EWRC) is an annual four-day event where experts, academics and officials from regions' and cities' administrations across Europe can meet and exchange best practices and information on regional and urban development. The event acts as a knowledge sharing platform for communication on the development of EU cohesion… more
155 results foundRSS