Discover the results of the second phase of the EEA’s project with six Eastern Partnership countries
In February 2016, the European Environmental Agency (EEA) began the second phase of the EU-funded European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) Shared Environmental Information System (SEIS) II East project – otherwise known as ENI SEIS II East project. This project brings together six Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, and supports environmental protection by strengthening environmental governance. The project focuses on topics such as:
- Data, focusing on air, biodiversity, water, land and waste;
- Indicators and Assessments concerning environmental statistics and information necessary for regular environmental assessments and reporting;
- UN System of Environmental Economic Accounting (SEEA) supporting the development of national information systems;
- Access to Environmental Information that involves designing a realistic, stepwise implementation roadmap that is in line with EU and international developments as well as SEIS principles; and
- Communication and visibility, including news updates from the six Eastern Partnership countries around open data.
Explore ENI SEIS II East project and the EEA for other open data and environment-focused initiatives.