Final call for the European Green Deal – the last and biggest call under Horizon 2020
The European Commission is making €1 billion available under the European Green Deal. This is the last and biggest call under Horizon 2020. It is designed to respond to the climate change crisis by providing more protection to Europe’s biodiversity and habitats under threat and accelerate a sustainable recovery. The Green Deal call’s Work Programme includes:
- Increasing climate ambition;
- Clean, affordable and secure energy;
- The industry for a clean and circular economy;
- Energy and resource-efficient buildings;
- Sustainable and smart mobility;
- Farm to fork (including precision farming);
- Biodiversity and ecosystems; and
- Zero-pollution and toxic-free environments.
Furthermore, the European Green Deal will include two horizontal areas: strengthening knowledge and empowering citizens. Interested parties can apply for funding online.
In addition, there is the upcoming Horizon Europe, the EU’s next research and innovation programme that will start in 2021. It will be key to leveraging national public and private investment and over 35% of Horizon Europe’s spending will contribute to climate objectives. The aim is to drive the necessary systemic changes to reach climate neutrality and ensure an inclusive ecological and economic transition.