Tools for using SPARQL
Any tool able to send http requests can connect to our SPARQL endpoint: https://data.europa.eu/euodp/sparqlep
However, some dedicated tools exist and facilitate interactions with a SPARQL endpoint.
- Sesame Windows Client is a SPARQL client featuring a graphical user interface running on Microsoft Windows.
- Twinkle is a cross-platform Java application offering a user interface to perform SPARQL queries on remote endpoints.
Generic http clients
As the SPARQL endpoint can be called by any http client able to perform a GET or POST query, you can use any tool mentioned in Tools for using REST API.
See Sample SPARQL queries for concrete examples.
Programming languages and SPARQL libraries
Most programming languages can be used to query the API as long as there is a compatible HTTP connection component.
However, some libraries exist to connect to SPARQL endpoints, such as:
- Redland is a set of C libraries providing RDF and SPARQL support.
- EASYRDF is a PHP library to ease the use of SPARQL queries in your PHP application.
- RDFLib proposes a set of python libraries to incorporate RDF data into a python application.
For more generic libraries to use the SPARQL endpoint as a REST API, see Tools for using REST API.