The high resolution imperviousness products capture the percentage and change of soil sealing. Built-up areas are characterized by the substitution of the original (semi-) natural land cover or water surface with an artificial, often impervious cover. These artificial surfaces are usually maintained over long periods of time.
A series of high resolution imperviousness datasets (for the 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015 reference years) with all artificially sealed areas was produced using automatic derivation based on calibrated Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI).
This series of imperviousness layers constitutes the main status layers. They are per-pixel estimates of impermeable cover of soil (soil sealing) and are mapped as the degree of imperviousness (0-100%).
Imperviousness change layers were produced as a difference between the reference years (2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2015 and additionally 2006-2012, to fully match the CORINE Land Cover production cycle) and are presented 1) as degree of imperviousness change (-100% -- +100%), in 20m and 100m pixel size, and 2) a classified (categorical) 20m change product.
- Imperviousness 2006 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness 2009 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness 2012 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness 2015 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness classified change 2006-2009 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness classified change 2006-2012 (CLC Synchronous) Octet Stream
- Imperviousness classified change 2009-2012 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness classified change 2012-2015 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness degree change 2006-2009 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness degree change 2006-2012 (CLC Synchronous) Octet Stream
- Imperviousness degree change 2009-2012 Octet Stream
- Imperviousness degree change 2012-2015 Octet Stream
- OLDER VERSION - 2009-06-12 HTML
- OLDER VERSION - 2010-01-26 HTML
- Landing Page
- Release Date
- Modified Date
- Geographical Coverage
- Latvia, North Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Albania, Bulgaria, Belgium, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czechia, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Spain, France, Finland, Greece, United Kingdom, Hungary, Croatia, Iceland, Romania, Portugal, Poland, Turkey, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Ireland
- European Union Open Data Portal
European Environment Agency
Kongens Nytorv 6, 1050 Copenhagen K, Denmark