Historical series of financial data from European insurance enterprises updated on a annual basis.
EIOPA’s new insurance statistics are based on Solvency II regular reporting information from insurance undertakings and groups in the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). These statistics provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive picture of the European insurance sector, including country breakdowns and distributions of key variables, allowing for the comparability of high-quality data. Every publication is accompanied by a description of key aspects of the published statistics.
The Solo Annual publication provide statistics about individual insurance undertakings (solo undertakings) based on solo prudential reporting data. It includes Solvency II balance sheet, own funds/Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR), "premiums, claims and expenses", and "Use of transitional and LTG measures data". This information is available on a country-by-country basis.
- Balance sheet Excel XLS
- Balance sheet CSV
- European Insurance Overview Excel XLSX
- Own Funds Excel XLS
- Own Funds CSV
- Premiums, claims & expenses Excel XLS
- Premiums, claims and expenses CSV
- Solo Annual - Accompanying note Excel XLSX
- Solo Annual - Previous releases (from 2016) ZIP
- Solo European Insurance Overview - previous releases (from 2016) ZIP
- Use of transitional and LTG measures (aggregated by country) Excel XLSX
- Alternative Title
- European insurance sector statistics (based on solvency II regulatory reporting)
- Type of Dataset
- Release Date
- Accrual Periodicity
- Geographical Coverage
- Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Belgium, Austria, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Germany, Czechia, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, United Kingdom, France, Croatia, Greece, Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Sweden
- European Union Open Data Portal