The energy in figures statistical pocketbook provides an annual overview of energy related statistics in the EU and in individual EU countries. It includes, amongst other information, data on production, consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, imports, and energy sector employment.
The data contained in this pocketbook is drawn from several sources: from the European Commission’s services, from international organisations such as the European Environment Agency and the International Energy Agency and also from the European Commission’s estimates when other data is unavailable.
The publication is divided into five parts:
- Part 1. Energy overview at global and EU levels.
- Part 2. Main energy indicators, at EU and Member States levels.
- Part 3. Socio-economic indicators in the EU.
- Part 4. Impact of the energy sector on the environment.
- Part 5. Country profiles – Main energy indicators.
Indicators have been calculated using the methodology established by the European Commission – DG Energy. The appendices include a glossary and methodological notes
- Alternative Title
- Energy statistical pocketbook
- Type of Dataset
- Release Date
- Accrual Periodicity
- Temporal Granularity
- Geographical Coverage
- Romania, Germany, Estonia, Latvia, Austria, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ireland, Croatia, Cyprus, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Slovakia, Spain, Malta, France, Lithuania, Poland, Greece, Bulgaria, Portugal, Slovenia, United Kingdom
- Metadata language