Citizens’ Agora on "crisis and poverty" was organised by the European Parliament on 27 and 28 January 2011. It brought together the Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), the Members of the Economic and Social Committee (EESC), and Representatives of NGOs, who represented the organised civil society.
In this framework, for the first time, a consensus conference, in which European citizens in situation of precariousness participated, helped the non organised civil society to make it heard.
For this purpose, groups of citizens gathered in two-thirds of the Member States in order to debate on their personal situation in this period of economic, social and financial crisis. One or more participants per countries were invited in Brussels on 26, 27 and 28 January. This consensus conference allowed them to share their personal experiences and to express recommendations for other parties interested in Agora.
The reader will find below the report summarising the discussions between groups of citizens in the Member States, the PowerPoint for the presentation as well as the recommendations coming from the consensus conference.
- 1. Aggregate Report PDF
- 2. Poverty and social exclusion for senior citizens in EU PowerPoint PPT
- Ajallinen kattavuus alkaa
- Ajallinen kattavuus päättyy
- Maantieteellinen kattavuus
- Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ruotsi, Malta, Alankomaat, Puola, Portugali, Belgia, Itävalta, Kypros, Bulgaria, Saksa, Tšekki, Espanja, Tanska, Suomi, Viro, Yhdistynyt kuningaskunta, Ranska, Kroatia, Kreikka, Irlanti, Unkari, Liettua, Italia, Latvia, Luxemburg