Since its launch in 1990, Eurofound's European Working Conditions Survey (EWCS) has provided an overview of working conditions in Europe. It aims to create a comprehensive picture of the everyday reality of men and women at work.
Themes covered include employment status, working time duration and organisation, work organisation, learning and training, physical and psychosocial risk factors, health and safety, work-life balance, worker participation, earnings and financial security, as well as work and health. For the fifth EWCS in 2010 workers were surveyed in the then EU27, Norway, Croatia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Albania, Montenegro and Kosovo.
The data explorer (survey mapping tool) offers a graphical presentation of the findings of the fifth EWCS.
The tables presented here complement the data in the survey mapping tool. The variables in the tables are sorted by topic, and proportions, mean values or distributions are given for different subcategories of respondents. Column A of the tables states the original name of each variable in the survey, with a label that specifies the content of the variable. Column B specifies the different answer categories for that variable.
For some variables, the answer categories have been condensed into fewer categories in order to reduce the table’s size or in order to show the distribution of a numerical variable. The original wording and coding of the questions can be viewed on the EWCS 2010 questionnaire.
- A. Master questionnaire PDF
- B. EWCS 2010 - Table 1 - Breakdown by country CSV
- C. Table 2 - Other breakdowns CSV
- D. Table 3 - Breakdown by country - Men only CSV
- E. Table 4 - Other breakdowns - Men only CSV
- F. Table 5 - Breakdown by country - Women only CSV
- G. Table 6 - Other breakdowns - Women only CSV
- H. Fifth EWCS overview report. PDF
- Titolo alternativo
- The 2010 European Working Conditions Survey (EWCS)
- Pagina principale
- Data di pubblicazione
- Data della modifica
- Periodicità di raccolta
- Copertura temporale dal
- Copertura geografica
- Montenegro, Paesi Bassi, Norvegia, Polonia, Lussemburgo, Lettonia, Macedonia del Nord, Malta, Portogallo, Romania, Albania, Kosovo, Belgio, Austria, Cipro, Bulgaria, Germania, Cechia, Spagna, Danimarca, Finlandia, Estonia, Regno Unito, Francia, Croazia, Grecia, Irlanda, Ungheria, Lituania, Svezia, Slovenia, Slovacchia, Turchia, Italia
- European Union Open Data Portal
European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound)
Wyattville Road - Loughlinstown - Dublin 18 - Ireland