The 2017 EU-wide transparency exercise provides detailed bank-by-bank data on capital positions, risk exposure amounts, leverage exposures and asset quality for 132 banks across 25 countries of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). The data, which is exclusively based on supervisory reporting, is published at the highest level of consolidation for the reference dates of 31 December 2016 and 30 June 2017.
The EU-wide transparency exercise is published along with the Risk Assessment Report (RAR), which is based on the full EBA's reporting sample, made up of 186 banks, of which 36 EU foreign subsidiaries of other EU banks (sample as of June 2017). In order to allow users to reconcile Transparency data with respective figures for the EU/EEA in the RAR, as well as in the interactive tools, data is also disclosed for the bucket "All other banks", which includes the aggregated values for the banks, excluding subsidiaries of other EU banks, that are in the RAR sample but have not participated in the transparency exercise.
The EBA has been conducting transparency exercises at the EU-wide level on an annual basis since 2011. The transparency exercise is part of the EBA's ongoing efforts to foster transparency and market discipline in the EU financial market, and complements banks' own Pillar 3 disclosures, as laid down in the EU's capital requirements directive (CRD). Along with the dataset, the EBA also provides a wide range of interactive tools that allow users to compare and to visualise data across time and at a country and a bank-by-bank level.
- Credit Risk (STA / IRB) - Individual banks' data Excel XLS
- Credit Risk (STA / IRB) - Data aggregated by countries of banks Excel XLS
- Credit Risk (STA / IRB) - Data aggregated by countries of counterparties Excel XLS
- Credit Risk - raw data CSV
- NPE and forborne exposures - Data aggregated by countries of banks Excel XLS
- NPE and forborne exposures - Individual banks' data Excel XLS
- Datum wijziging
- Geografisch bereik
- Nederland, Noorwegen, Polen, Portugal, Litouwen, Luxemburg, Letland, Malta, Roemenië, Slowakije, België, Oostenrijk, Zwitserland, Bulgarije, Tsjechië, Cyprus, Denemarken, Duitsland, Estland, Spanje, Frankrijk, Finland, Griekenland, Verenigd Koninkrijk, Hongarije, Kroatië, Ĳsland, Ierland, Liechtenstein, Italië, Zweden, Slovenië
- European Union Open Data Portal