5 reasons to join EU Datathon 2022
Every year, EU Datathon calls for innovators from around the world to come up with new ways of using open data to address important societal and environmental challenges, with the condition that they use at least one of the thousands of data sets published on data.europa.eu.
Over the five years of its existence, the competition has generated dozens of practical apps and propelled new start-up enterprises.
This year´s edition of EU Datathon is now open for submissions of ideas. Here are five reasons to join in.
- Get international visibility for your innovative ideas: EU Datathon and its finalists are promoted by the European Commission and its representations in the EU Member States and further afield. The teams selected for the finals will pitch their apps at a highly followed final event with strong international participation.
- Win your share of EUR 200 000: Money isn´t everything but it can help you build a start-up enterprise or materialise your other open data projects. This year, the finalists can win up to EUR 25 000 and the Public Choice Award.
- Make a difference: Unlock open data to tackle some of the top EU priorities. This year´s challenges feature: (1) The European Green Deal; (2) Transparency in public procurement; (3) EU public procurement opportunities for young people; (4) A Europe fit for the digital age. Your success in addressing these challenges will be a success for all! To jog your inspiration, see the EU Datathon site for winning apps of the previous editions.
- Expand your professional network: EU Datathon finalist teams never walk alone; they get support during the design phase of their applications and an opportunity to meet other open data experts.
- Combine business with pleasure: EU Datathon opens doors to creativity. Use your skills to transform raw data into tools of business, education, entertainment and a lot more.
To join EU Datathon 2022, submit your idea for an open data app by 31 March. For detailed information, see the rules of the competition.
EU Datathon 2022 is organised by the Publications Office of the European Union and contributes to the European Year of Youth 2022 that features events and activities dedicated to young people all around Europe.