Session number: 1
Expected participants: Relevant to all
Type of session: Training
Length: 1 - 1.5 hours
Web based exercises: No
What to bring: Slides, Flipchart, Paper & Pens
- Definitions of data - Participants should define data. Facilitator should explore popular definitions of data and direct participants to the important characteristics.
- Relationship between Data, Information & Knowledge - Facilitator should explore the relationship between data, information and knowledge.
- Definitions of Open Data - Participants should define Open Data. Facilitator should explore popular definitions of Open Data from the resource collection below. Facilitator should highlight the important characteristics such as access, use & sharing and the licence.
- Examples of Open Data - Facilitator should lead a group discussion on good examples to understand what is and isn’t Open Data.
- OKF Definition of Open Data - Open Knowledge Foundation definition
- ODI definition of Open Data - Open Data Institute definition
- EC definition of Open Data - European Commission Definition
- What makes data open - Guide with examples of Open Data
Companion eLearning Modules:
When running this session, we recommend that participants complete the following eLearning module before attending:
Completion of the module will help your learners develop a shared understanding of the material before the course and allow you to focus in greater depth on those topics of most interest to the trainees.