Join the Open Data for Impact event on 29 June!
On 29 June, Women in Digital Empowerment (WIDE) wrap up the Erasmus+ Project on Open Data “Public Makers” with a live event.
WIDE is a non-profit organisation from Luxembourg, offering practical support and hosting activities to empower women to seize opportunities in the digital economy, and building more diversity in the digital workforce, and IT pipeline.
Do you want to understand how open data can be used to empower people to create societal change? Then this is a great opportunity for you. You will learn more about open data, discover use cases, and meet the different stakeholders in this field in Europe.
The Open Data for Impact event presents:
- Francis Kaell: leading the Open Data Division at the Press and Information Office at the Luxembourg Government.
- Dr. Slim Turki: senior researcher at the Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology (LIST).
- Imeshi Weerasinghe: CEO and co-founder at WEO, optimising water resource management with data from space and artificial intelligence.
- Julia Zagrodzka: project assistant at the Publications Office of the European Union presenting EU Datathon.
- Rusne Sileryte: CTO and co-founder at geoFluxus, an open source platform for resource mapping and analytics as the essential trigger for a circular economy. Winner of the EU Datathon 2020 for the Green Deal challenge.
- Ralph Marschall, digitalisation project manager at the National Library of Luxembourg (BNL).
Do not miss this event from 17:00 to 19:00 at the Neumünster Abbey in Luxembourg or via live broadcast. Register in advance to join!
Looking to stay tuned for more news and events? Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.