API Days Barcelona outcome
On 12 and 13 September, the event API Barcelona Days 2019 was held in Barcelona, Spain, and brought together over 500 developers, architects, CTOs, and business executives. The two-day event had several speakers, including:
- Jacques Putz from Luxhub who spoke open banking, data sharing in finance, the early Payment Services Directive (PSD2)-based services and the drive for radical innovation in FinTech;
- Erwin van Mierlo from the Netherlands Statistics Office who discussed their commitment to open data and to the people of the Netherlands;
- Lisette Kalshoven from the Open State Foundation who described the NGO's experience in documenting public spending through open data in the Netherlands;
- François Moreau from the French Ministry of Agriculture who elaborated on how not all data collected from farmers can be published as open due to legal obligations and how they can still be shared to create impact; and
- Gianfranco Cecconi from the European Data Portal who discussed next steps in accessing, using, and re-using EU open datasets via the EDP and introduced the EU's new initiative - the Support Centre for Data Sharing.
Missed this API Days Barcelona 2019? There are more API Days events this year, including API Days Paris 2019 on 10 and 11 December.