Enabling a data-informed public sector: An introductory course to BDTI essentials
We are delighted to share with you the BDTI Essentials Course. It is designed for individuals aiming to strengthen the development of a data-informed public sector. Whether you are a public servant, a professional in the field, a student, or simply keen on public sector innovation, this course is your gateway to becoming skilled at data analysis. This e-learning series comprises five sessions, scheduled for the following dates from 11:00 – 12:15 am CEST.
- Session 1: Data Access and Exploration (02 February 2024)
- Session 2: Data Cleaning and Transformation (16 February 2024)
- Session 3: Data Blending and Storage (01 March 2024)
- Session 4: Analytics (15 March 2024)
- Session 5: Advanced Module: Gathering Data from the Web and Geo Visualisation (22 March 2024)
The BDTI Essentials Course offers a practical introduction to the Big Data Test Infrastructure (BDTI), providing a free-of-charge analytics playground. Through a hands-on use case, participants will be equipped to apply for BDTI and implement public sector data projects using the platform. The course is accessible to learners of all levels, starting with foundational concepts and progressing to more advanced topics.
Key highlights of the course include:
- Exploring Open-Source Tools: Emphasising the adoption of open-source tools in the public sector, the course showcases their benefits – from transparency and cost efficiency to independence from vendors. You will delve into BDTI’s collection of open-source tools, gaining practical experience for real-world application.
- Harnessing Open Data: Learn to utilise open data sources to solve actual challenges. The course will guide you through analysing EU funding for research and innovation, helping you understand green initiatives and identify potential partnerships.
- Contributing to the Digital Europe Programme: By participating, you are supporting the advancement of digital skills in the public sector, aligning with the objectives of the EU's Digital Europe Programme. This programme focuses on vital areas like high-performance computing, AI, and digital skills development.
During the first session, the data.europa.eu team will participate and share insights on the platform. Register now and don’t miss this chance to elevate your data analysis skills.