Join the State of Open Data Policy Summit on 17 May
Join the global State of Open Data Policy Summit on Tuesday, 17 May from 17:00 – 20:00 CET. During the event, attendees from all over the world are invited to engage with senior leaders in government, civil society and business to discuss questions such as:
- What policies can facilitate and incentivise the opening of data?
- How are recent legal and policy developments shaping data collaboration?
The summit aims to explain past, present and future public and private sector policy, including the EU’s Data Act and United States’ Evidence Act. Moreover, the summit looks to identify policies that can encourage the “third wave of open data” by drawing on participants' real-world experiences.
The programme consists of:
- A Public Sector Keynote from US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand;
- A Public Sector Panel on Strengthening Open Data Demand: Policies to Foster Open Data at the Global, National, Regional and Local Level;
- A Private Sector Keynote from Microsoft VP and Chief Data Scientist Juan Ferres;
- A Private Sector Panel on Institutionalising Open Data in the Private Sector: Policy Options and Innovative Practices.
The full programme with speakers is available on the summit’s website.
The State of Open Data Policy Summit is hosted by the Open Data Policy Lab – a collaboration between The GovLab and Microsoft.
Interested in joining the event? Register here to join The State of Open Data Policy Summit.
For more upcoming events check our event calendar.
Looking to stay tuned for more news and events? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, or subscribe to our newsletter.