Open Data Training Framework now available to Public Bodies in Ireland
Under Ireland's Open Data Initiative and as set out in Ireland's Open Data Strategy 2017-2022, public bodies are to identify and publish appropriate datasets on the web as Open Data. Ireland's Open Data mission is to encourage and drive the uptake and use of Open Data. In doing so, Open Data Ireland aims at adding value to the economy by increasing transparency, stimulating new business applications, building trust in government and improving the lives of citizens through better service delivery.
The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, on behalf of the Irish Public Administration Services, has commissioned Urban Tide to provide Open Data training for public bodies in Ireland. There are different Open Data Training opportunities available:
- General Overview Training - for larger groups with little knowledge of Open Data;
- Training on the Technical Framework;
- Training on Anonymisation and Linked Data;
- Training on Data Analytics and Visualisations.
There are three different levels for each training type:
- Broad Training: delivered to larger groups with participants from a range of grades and organisations;
- User Group Training: designed for medium sized-groups with hands-on training for the personnel who will be preparing and publishing data classified as Open Data;
- 'Train the Trainer' Training - designed for smaller groups of personnel who will be providing assistance to their colleagues.
In addition, eLearning webinars are also available to facilitate learning if considered more suitable to business needs. Would you like to know more about the Open Data trainings in Ireland? Visit the training page and indicate which training you would like or liaise directly with firstname.lastname@example.org to create a tailored programme for your organisation. A flyer detailing the training is also available.