Data.europa.eu for businesses
In April this year, the EU Open Data Portal and the European Data Portal consolidated into one service providing access to European data under the name of data.europa.eu. This portal, brought to you by the Publications Office of the European Union, provides access to public data resources from EU institutions and agencies, EU Member States, and other European countries. Currently, you can find over 1 million datasets, from 36 countries, along 13 thematic categories on data.europa.eu.
Whether you work at a start-up, a large corporation or you have your own business, the portal can be useful for you! You can:
- become inspired to create and develop data-driven products and services,
- find the datasets you need to create these data-driven products and services,
- learn how to foster services based on open data, and
- share and learn different approaches to build and operate services based on open data in varying sectors and markets.
Curious to know which content is out there on the portal? Find:
- 1+ million datasets
- News pieces and data stories
- Use cases
- Reports on public data resources
- eLearning modules
You can also contribute to data.europa.eu by showing us your example of a product or service that uses open data and can inspire other players in the industry. We are always curious to know what you created, so share your story with us!
To stay tuned on trends and events, subscribe to our newsletter, have a look at the events calendar, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.