European Data Portal at BTS and University of Navarra
Last week, the European Data Portal (EDP) held a guest lecture at the Barcelona Technology School's (BTS) programme Big Data Management to discuss data-driven business and at University de Navarra to discuss open data in journalism. The students were very engaged and keen to learn more about open data and additional data-related subjects.
The conversation focused on topics such as:
- What open data is and its implication on different areas in society and business.
- What the European Data Portal is and its role in the European Commission's initiative to promote open data in Europe.
- Examples of re-use cases.
- The state of open data in the European Union and the upcoming EU Datathon on 13 June 2019.
- The value of data and metadata quality.
- The significance of high-value datasets.
- The General Data Protection Regulation and the PSI Directive.