This course provides tips and tricks on how to find and use geospatial data on data.europa.eu.
- Understand how geoinformation can be found in data.europa.eu
- Understand how metadata from national geoportals is harvested to data.europa.eu
- Learn what kind of geoinformation (geodata, geoservices, geoinformation via APIs) can be found on data.europa.eu and how it can be used
- Discuss the future needs for dealing with geoinformation within data.europa.eu
This training session provides an introduction to geospatial data. It provides examples to demonstrate the
usefulness of geospatial data. It is an important feature of data.europa.eu to facilitate the discovery and access to open geospatial data sources.
Topics covered in the training:
- What geospatial data (e.g., topics, thematic domains) is available via data.europa.eu?
- Where does the geospatial data found on data.europa.eu come from?
- How can geospatial data be found on data.europa.eu?
- How can the geospatial data be accessed and used? (Formats of geospatial data and services, delivery
- How can a geospatial context be added to non-geospatial data and what is the benefit of this?
- Strengthen the participants’ understanding of the value of geospatial data.
- Understand how to find geoinformation on data.europa.eu.
- Learn what kind of geoinformation (geodata, geoservices, geoinformation via APIs) can be found on
data.europa.eu and how it can be used.
The recording of the session can be found under 'Videos'. The slide deck used during the session can found under 'Additional reading'.